AIMS has chapters in Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom. AIMS chapters drive partnerships, are responsible for resource mobilisation and public engagement activities aimed at supporting the growth of the network.
Key activities include:
- Raising awareness of AIMS
- Establishing an extensive base of AIMS supporters
- Strengthening ties with existing and potential donors.
- Building ties with universities and scientific institutes.
- Attract academics to teach and conduct research at AIMS centres.
- Diversifying funding sources.