Opportunity deadline: 2 May 2016
The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) invites outstanding early-career researchers to join one of nine research programs which address some of the most complex challenges facing the world today. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to help successful applicants build their research network and develop essential skills at this important time in your career.
Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but they must hold a PhD or equivalent degree and be within their first five years of a full-time academic appointment. Their research must align with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. In 2016, these are:
- Bio-inspired Solar Energy
- Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
- Child and Brain Development
- Humans and the Microbiome
- Institutions, Organisations and Growth
- Molecular Architecture of Life
- Learning in Machines and Brains
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantum Materials
How to Apply
Applications open April 1, 2016 and they are submitted online through CIFAR’s application system. They must include three letters of recommendation from at least one faculty member or equivalent and preferably one non-academic leader.
The application will require you to answer questions about:
- Your research and how it complements the CIFAR program you would like to join
- Ideas for collaboration with fellows in the program
- Your leadership experience to date
- Your engagement with non-academic communities or interest in such engagement
For the full program description and to apply, click here.
For more about the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, click here.