AIMS ALISI DATA SCIENCE CHALLENGE
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is pleased to invite prospective applicants with excellent data science-related ideas and products to apply for an opportunity to access an unparalleled access to a research-conducive environment, training from experts around the world, an extensive mentoring network, and our worldwide network of stakeholders.
Download the Alisi challenge flyer here.
- Be a data science-related idea or startup company based in Africa
- Must be able to benefit from value-added services and guidance provided
- Idea/product must provide economic benefits to the industry
We were able to raise over USD 150,000 for this challenge and we look forward to having you on board.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accessible online before the deadline and must contain the following documents:
- A complete online application form
- Your project description or business plan and able to present to the committee
- A letter of motivation which outlines why you should be offered this opportunity
- Two references contact details (who may be contacted if necessary)
- A feasibility budget
- A current CV
- Highest academic degree
Your supporting documents should be ready for submission before you complete the online application form. Supporting documents should be saved as pdfs.
The call for application will remain open until February 29th 2020. Only complete applications with required documents will be considered.
SELECTION AND AWARD
Applications shall be vetted by a committee consisting of experts from AIMS and the Industry. Successful candidates will receive an award letter and will be expected to commence their research at the AIMS Research center by June 1st 2020 for a duration of 9-24 months adjustable depending on the nature of the idea/product.
For further information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org