>>>Applications are CLOSED<<<
The AIMS Master’s degree in the mathematical sciences is a unique, innovative program providing problem-solving and computational skills as well as exposure to cutting edge fields.
- Courses taught by outstanding African and international lecturers and supported by a team of resident tutors
- Students and lecturers sharing a 24-hour learning environment
- A climate of highly interactive teaching where students are encouraged to learn together through questioning and discovery
- Emphasis on computational methods and scientific computing with 24/7 access to computer labs and the internet
- A pan-African student body including a minimum of 30% women
- AIMS graduates progressing to top advanced degree programs and careers in Africa and all over the world.
- Applicants should hold, or anticipate completing by the start date of the AIMS course, a 4-year university degree in mathematics, or any science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component.
- An applicant’s record should demonstrate strong aptitude in mathematics, leadership and community service
- Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Each applicant’s dossier will be evaluated in light of prior educational opportunities available to them. Potential applicants must demonstrate both a high degree of motivation and the ability to complete the course successfully. Applications open on 1 December, and Master’s degree applicants are strongly advised to apply before 20 March for courses beginning in August. Accepted applicants will be notified by May. Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Master’s degrees are awarded in partnership with leading local academic institutions affiliated with AIMS centres.
There are no course fees for successful Master’s degree applicants. Full bursaries covering tuition, accommodation, meals and travel costs are also awarded to successful applicants. http://applications.nexteinstein.org
>>>>>>>>>Applications are CLOSED <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<FAQs Apply Now