Applications for 2014-15 AIMS Masters are Now Closed | French
The AIMS taught programme is not a typical university programme. We look for the most talented and motivated students from across the African continent, recognising that grades are not always a good indication of potential. Taught by top international and local lecturers, the course is supported throughout by tutors who work closely with the lecturers and students. The course material is purposefully broad, allowing students to learn about a wide spectrum of mathematical topics and their applications before focusing on a single area for their research project.
AIMS provides scholarships to all students, ensuring that an inability to pay is not a barrier to enrolling on the AIMS course.
To complete your applications we highly recommend you read the Admission Requirement through the AIMS-Next Einstein Initiative (NEI) website; AIMS-NEI is the coordinating body for the network of AIMS centers. Only a single application is necessary to be considered for admission.
For the 2014-15 academic year, AIMS will offer courses at AIMS-South Africa, AIMS-Senegal, AIMS-Ghana, AIMS-Cameroon and AIMS-Tanzania (to be confirmed).To stand the best chance of acceptance, students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- The course is currently open to students with African nationality.
- Applicants should hold, or anticipate completing, by the start date of the AIMS course, a 4-year university degree in mathematics, or any science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component.
- An applicant's record should demonstrate strong aptitude in mathematics.
- You will need to have a valid email address to start the application process
- You will need to provide a description of your top 5 courses with substantial mathematical science components from your transcript for each year of your undergraduate academic record i.e Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3.
- Applicants will be required to provide TWO referees that we will contact on your behalf. Note, it is your responsibility to make sure that the referees do submit your recommendation, your application is incomplete and will not be considered.
- Your application will be considered incomplete until ALL your academic transcripts have been received, scanned as .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx.
RECRUIT Africa's Top Talent from AIMS! Learn More