Applications for 2014-15 AIMS Masters are Now Open| French
The AIMS taught programme is not a typical university programme. We look for the most talented and motivated students from across the African continent, recognising that grades are not always a good indication of potential. Taught by top international and local lecturers, the course is supported throughout by tutors who work closely with the lecturers and students. The course material is purposefully broad, allowing students to learn about a wide spectrum of mathematical topics and their applications before focusing on a single area for their research project. For a detailed synopsis on the projects, review the archive of previous years projects submitted at AIMS-South Africa archive and AIMS-Senegal archive.
AIMS provides scholarships to all students, ensuring that an inability to pay is not a barrier to enrolling on the AIMS course.
To complete your applications we highly recommend you read the Admission Requirement through the AIMS-Next Einstein Initiative (NEI) website; AIMS-NEI is the coordinating body for the network of AIMS centers. Only a single application is necessary to be considered for admission.
For the 2014-15 academic year, AIMS will offer courses at AIMS-South Africa, AIMS-Senegal, AIMS-Ghana, AIMS-Cameroon and AIMS-Tanzania (to be confirmed).To stand the best chance of acceptance, students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The closing date for applications is March 23, 2014.
- The course is currently open to students with African nationality.
- Applicants should hold, or anticipate completing, by the start date of the AIMS course, a 4-year university degree in mathematics, or any science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component.
- An applicant's record should demonstrate strong aptitude in mathematics.
- You will need to have a valid email address to start the application process
- You will need to provide a description of your top 5 courses with substantial mathematical science components from your transcript for each year of your undergraduate academic record i.e Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3.
- Applicants will be required to provide TWO referees that we will contact on your behalf. Note, it is your responsibility to make sure that the referees do submit your recommendation, your application is incomplete and will not be considered.
- Your application will be considered incomplete until ALL your academic transcripts have been received, scanned as .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx.
Please note that the application cannot be saved at any time, and must be completed in one sitting. We suggest you prepare and have ready all of your material ahead of time by downloading and reviewing the PDF application form here.
RECRUIT Africa's Top Talent from AIMS! Learn More