2015-16 AIMS Scholarship for Masters' now CLOSED | French
The Applications are currently CLOSED information herein is for your perusal.
The AIMS Structured Master’s Programme is not a typical university programme. We look for the most talented and motivated students from across the African continent, recognising that grades are not always a good indication of potential. Taught by top international and local lecturers, the programme is supported throughout by tutors who work closely with the lecturers and students. The programme material is purposefully broad, allowing students to learn about a wide spectrum of mathematical topics and their applications before focusing on a specialised topic for their research project.
AIMS provides scholarships to all students, ensuring that an inability to pay is not a barrier to enrolling on the AIMS Masters program.
For the 2015-16 academic year, AIMS will offer courses at AIMS Cameroon, AIMS Ghana, AIMS Sénégal, AIMS South Africa and AIMS Tanzania. All applications will be submitted to the AIMS-Next Einstein Initiative (NEI) which is the coordinating body for the network of AIMS centers. One single application is sufficient to be considered for admission.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible. The closing date for applications has been postponed to April 2nd, 2015.
- The programme is currently open to students of African nationality.
- Applicants should hold, or anticipate completing by the start date of the AIMS programme, a four-year university degree in mathematics (or corresponding), or any science or engineering subject with substantial mathematics component.
- An applicant's record should demonstrate strong aptitude in mathematics.
- Each applicant will be required to provide the names and contact information of two referees, who we will contact on behalf of the applicant. Note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the referees do submit their references. Applications are not complete and will not be considered unless both referees have submitted their reports.
- An applicant must have a valid e-mail address to start the application process.
- Applications are considered incomplete until ALL relevant academic transcripts and certificates have been received, scanned as .jpg, .jpeg, .pdf
Please note that the application will be completed in different sections namely; Personal information, Education and Employment, Personal Traits, References, and Socio Economic Status. We suggest you prepare and have ready all of your material ahead of time by downloading and reviewing the PDF application form here.
For any queries send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUIT Africa's Top Talent from AIMS! Learn More